Being quite the prolific movie and T.V. watcher, I figured some people might actually care what I think of some of them. I don't mean to simply review new movies and shows, but any that I happen to watch. My views are a bit cynical and I don't usually hold back on the profanity at times. Just a warning.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Horrible Bosses

For anyone who has ever watched and is a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, then this movie is pretty much a must see simply because Charlie Day is in it.

Other than just Charlie Day, it also stars Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis. Opposite them as their horrible bosses is Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Spacey, and Colin Ferrell, respectively. From the title of the movie it can be inferred that the three main characters have horrible bosses that make their life a living hell. The basic premise of the movie is that they realize that they would be better off if their bosses were dead. Through a serious of humorous scenes, each agree to kill each other's bosses in order to make their lives better.

While I personally don't agree with Charlie Day's character (Dale Arbus) wanting to kill his boss, simply because it's Jennifer Aniston sexually harassing him, the other characters do make a good case. Kevin Spacey does an extremely good job playing a total dick and psychopath, almost leaving you wishing he was in the movie even more. Colin Ferrell is almost unrecognizable as a balding, fat, cocaine using moron. Though I'm not a huge fan of him, he was rather humorous at times. Jason Bateman and Sudeikis were pretty decent, but Charlie Day really stole the show at least for me, since I love It's Always Sunny. He plays he same bumbling dummy that he does in the show, which never gets old. However, I think the most shocking part was the amount of profanity and dirty talk that Jennifer Aniston uses throughout the movie. Almost everything she has ever played in has her playing as a sweet girl next door type, and this role just shatters that.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie. Of course a lot of it is unbelievable and off the wall, but so are almost all of the popular comedies these days. If you enjoy all the recent comedies that have come out in the last several years such as Hangover, Wedding Crashers, Talladega Nights.. ect, and like It's Always Sunny, then definitely give this movie a watch.

1 comment:

  1. I kept saying there's something really WRONG with this dude...Jennifer Aniston is throwing herself at him and he's pushing her away!

    ReplyDelete