Being quite the prolific movie and T.V. watcher, I figured some people might actually care what I think of some of them. I don't mean to simply review new movies and shows, but any that I happen to watch. My views are a bit cynical and I don't usually hold back on the profanity at times. Just a warning.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Source Code

So I watched this movie because I had nothing better to do. I thought that the concept seemed pretty cool but I wasn't expecting a whole lot. While Jake Gyllenhaal isn't one of my favorite actors, he was actually somewhat enjoyable in this movie, probably more due to the fact that I like the plot of the movie than his acting.

So the basic premise is that he wakes up on a train, not knowing that he has actually assumed the identity of another man. The train promptly explodes and he awakes in a pod talking to a lady on a screen. Eventually it is explained to him that through parabolic calculus he is able to travel into this man's identity, a concept which he instantly understands even more than the creator. That comes as no surprise to me as he was a helicopter pilot in the military, and they all understand parabolic calculus and transference of oneself into a parallel reality. *end sarcasm*

Back to the point, he must use this technology to find the bomber of the train, who has even more sinister plans. Not wanting to say too much about the plot of the story, I actually did enjoy this movie, even though his knowledge of the whole situation being so great is a little far fetched. After all, its just a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment