Being quite the prolific movie and T.V. watcher, I figured some people might actually care what I think of some of them. I don't mean to simply review new movies and shows, but any that I happen to watch. My views are a bit cynical and I don't usually hold back on the profanity at times. Just a warning.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lincoln Lawyer..

So, Matthew McConaughey is back at it again playing a high powered attorney in this flick. For anyone who didn't catch that reference, he also played a lawyer in A Time to Kill, which happened to be a great movie.

Ryan Phillipe plays his defendant who at first seems to be not guilty and overall a nice guy, but turns dark as the movie progresses. The movie seems like it is a bit too long, and some of the plot twists become a little unbelievable at times, especially when you're nearing the end of the movie. With that being said, it has everything that make it a good crime drama, short of being written by John Grisham.

If you're a fan of A Time to Kill or the Rainmaker and/or crime drama/law movies then this one should be your cup of tea, even though it does have more action and plot twists than most. I'd recommend watching it at least once.


No comments:

Post a Comment